In this Weekly Dispatch:
- EnergyAustralia has confirmed a $1 billion write down with lower retail margins and higher cost of capital. The latest ACCC inquiry found retailer margins at just 2.3%.
- Le Chatelier’s principle.
- Lynne Kiesling writes an excellent defence of pay-as-clear electricity markets in response to recent proposals for a shift to pay-as-bid designs.
- Amber has raised $29m to scale its business and expand their automation technology.
- Podcast of the week: Carbon Copy on surging electricity demand.