In this edition of the Weekly Dispatch:
- The AER have released the 2023-24 DMO with prices increasing around 20%. Meanwhile Japan’s government has announced price rises of between 14% and 42%.
- Meeting communique from the Energy and Climate Change Ministerial Council – Energy Ministers Sub-Group.
- The NSW Government has released the Network Infrastructure Strategy proposing options to deliver REZ transmission infrastructure. Relatedly, AEMO Services has opened registration for Tender Round 3 for 950 MW of generation and 550 MW of long-duration storage.
- In Queensland, Powerlink has announced landholder payments of around $300,000/km for new transmission infrastructure.
- In the US, CAISO has approved $7.3 billion (USD) for new transmissions projects.
- More on transformer shortages.
- The North American Electric Reliability Corporation has released its 2023 Summer Reliability Assessment finding “elevated” reliability risks for around two-thirds of North America in the event of a hot summer.
- Podcast of the week: Ed Miliband on industrial policy, supply chains and why the UK needs an answer to the US Inflation Reduction Act.