In this edition of the Weekly Dispatch:
- Energy Ministers have submitted a suite of rule changes to harmonise the national energy rules with the emissions reduction component to be included in the energy objectives.
- AEMO has released its priority action plan for the 100% renewables engineering roadmap.
- It’s all about system security this week: Jonathon Dyson writes about inertia at WattClarity. The ABC published an article about the role of synchronous condensers and the AEC summarised the findings of a recent report commissioned by ARENA on repurposing coal generators as synchronous condensers.
- CSIRO has released the latest GenCost report.
- The NSW Parliamentary Inquiry into undergrounding transmission lines held a hearing in Sydney.
- Further news on the transformer supply crunch.
- A new report looks at the benefits of accelerating transmission expansion in ERCOT.
- Podcasts of the week: The AFR on the challenges of reaching 2030 climate targets; Energy Insiders on green hydrogen; Public Power Underground on different approaches to power system modelling.