In this edition of the Weekly Dispatch:
- .The NSW Government is set to legislate a 2030 target of 50% emissions and a target for net zero by 2050. The legislation will also establish a Net Zero Commission to monitor and report on progress towards the targets.
- The ACCC has granted authorisation for the proposed acquisition of Origin Energy by Brookfield.
- The new Contingency FCAS market for very fast frequency response commenced on the 9th October.
- The CEC has published Power Playbook making several recommendations to policymakers to accelerate the transition.
- The first turbine in the world’s largest offshore windfarm has started generating electricity.
- Podcasts of the week: The Substation podcast on alternatives to nodal pricing; Let me sum up on cost benefit analysis.