In this edition of the Weekly Dispatch:
- AEMO Services Tender 4 will not include Central-West Orana REZ Access Rights as originally planned. These rights are planned to be made available “as soon as possible”.
- South Australia averaged 87% renewables in October.
- The always excellent Lynne Kiesling asks whether wholesale market design can be improved. Production tax credits, equivalent to LGCs (but paid by taxpayers rather than consumers), create a distortion in power markets exacerbating negative pricing. As noted in our October free subscriber session, the obvious but perhaps politically unpalatable solution is carbon pricing. For a different view, see this recent piece by Tahlia Nolan, Tim Nelson and Joel Gilmore on the advantages of extending the RET.
- Michael Liebreich published the latest version of the Hydrogen Ladder.
- The ABC has published a detailed story on rooftop PV.
- The AEMC launches its review on the compensation frameworks following the June crisis last year.
- Podcasts of the week: Volts hosts Jesse Jenkins on how to address VRE variability.