In this edition of the Weekly Dispatch:
- South Australia’s Hydrogen Jobs Plan will support 250 MW of electrolysers and 100% hydrogen-fuelled turbines.
- The Victorian government has released the SECV’s strategic plan.
- AEMO published the latest QED showing a number of records being broken in Q3.
- The IEA published the World Energy Outlook 2023. The outlook sees the demand for coal, oil and natural gas peaking this decade. The report finds that pathway to 1.5 °C is very difficult – but remains open.
- Further problems for European wind turbine manufacturers with Siemens Energy in talks with the German government about state guarantees. Siemens Energy shares are down 60% year-to-date.
- Podcasts of the week: Weighing the impacts of critical mineral mining and the market for microgrids.