In this edition of the Weekly Dispatch:
- AEMO has released the 2023 Transmission Expansion Options Report for the 2024 ISP showing a significant increase in transmission cost estimates since the 2022 ISP.
- ARENA has published a report outlining the opportunities and challenges for the NEM of bidirectional EV charging.
- The NSW Government is proposing to increase the network capacity of the CWO REZ up to 6 GW by 2038.
- Planned industrial action at Woodside and Chevron LNG facilities in WA contributed to a 30% spike in European TTF LNG prices.
- ERCOT continues to break peak demand and renewable generation records.
- Podcasts of the week: Montel Weekly on the rise of automated trading algorithms in European spot markets; Energy Insiders on what Australia can learn from the US Inflation Reduction Act; Columbia Energy Exchange on decarbonising steel and cement production.