In this edition of the Weekly Dispatch:
- The AEMC has published a draft rule to change the reliability settings. The MPC is set to be progressively increased to $22,800/MWh (in 2022 dollars) and the CPT to 8.5 hours of MPC by 1 July 2027. The APC maintains the current level (in nominal terms) of $600/MWh.
- The Victorian Government has released its renewable gas consultation paper as part of the gas substitution roadmap.
- The world’s largest known deposit of lithium has been discovered in Nevada.
- Chapter E of the WTO’s 2023 World Trade Report calls for greater international co-operation and integration to facilitate the green transition.
- Podcasts of the week: Columbia Energy Exchange on rising tensions in global trade; Volts on using technology to get more capacity out of the existing grid.