In this edition of the Weekly Dispatch:
- The South Australian Parliament has passed the Emissions Reduction Objectives Bill. The AEMC has published a guide on the approach they will take when applying the new objectives. They have also published the current version of the targets statement which sets out the different Commonwealth, State and Territory targets that need to be considered.
- The Bureau of Meteorology has declared an El Nino.
- A number of renewable records were broken over the weekend. The NEM hit 70% instantaneous VRE penetration and David Osmond notes that the NEM had its first full day with VRE exceeding 50%.
- The NSW budget has provided funding for the energy transition and financial assistance for households experiencing financial hardship.
- WattClarity is following the industrial action at Kogan Creek.
- A new randomised control trial shows that financial incentives can drive load shifting. The findings are summarised over at One Step Off the Grid.
- Podcasts of the week: Catalyst on fixing interconnection; Columbia Energy Exchange on the US industrial strategy for the transition.