In this edition of the Weekly Dispatch:
- DCCEEW has released a consultation paper on the Capacity Investment Scheme.
- The AEMC is proposing an alternative to the operating reserve mechanism by requiring extra information on storage state of charge and introducing regional procurement of FCAS. The directions paper for the Unlocking CER benefits through flexible trading (previously FTA). Multiple FRMPs for small customers appears to be off the table. The AEMC are also consulting on ‘schedule lite’.
- AEMO Services announces that the tender target for Tender 3 has been reached.
- In the United States, FERC has made a new rule that aims to streamline and speed up the interconnection process.
- Podcasts of the week: Columbia Energy Exchange provides an update on the European energy crisis; Let Me Sum Up on rare earth minerals and the Victorian residential gas ban.