In this edition of the Weekly Dispatch:
- The AER has published the 2023 State of the Energy Market The report highlights a number of challenges including an increase in retail prices, system security and reliability risks and transmission delays.
- Minimum demand records are set across the NEM. New VRE records were also set.
- In Western Australia, the SWIS hit two new records: minimum operational demand and record rooftop PV generation.
- Enel X has been contracted by AEMO to supply 120MW of flexible demand capacity under the Non Co-Optimised Essential System Services (NCESS) for 2024-2026 through their VPP.
- Grid forming batteries are competing with synchronous condensers to provide system stability services in UK tenders.
- The EU’s carbon border adjustment mechanism has entered into application.
- Podcasts of the week: Resources Radio on cutting the interconnection queue; Renew asks: what price Marinus?